Help in the Vinyard (@ LDS.org)

The Vineyard Logo

Link to Truth

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The secret origions of Munke2112

OK second attempt, stupid site lost my first one, need to learn to cut and paste to a temp doc still....

OK#2 you're here now on my new blogspot "munke2112.blogspot.com", and you're saying to yourself, what the heck is a munke2112? Well my Mom asked me that question once, and I explained it to her. Below is the edited message I sent to her

"It's a long story.

First way back when I was on the 'Hotline' for CrossLand Mortgage we had an administrator password rush2112. rush is a band, and 2112 was one of their albums. so rush2112 was our password. I give credit, for that, to either Kevin or Russ, two wanna be party-drunk all the time, programers from work.

Next somewhere along the line our group, the hotline, became known as the Monkey Farm. Given to us by our manager at the time J9 (Jeanine) She always told us to we could remember it as "J"and "Nine" hence J9 was born. The "Monkey Farm" was just a pet name, but was done away by Gary, the bigger boss. Something about worries over moral or image or something.

Last munke2112 came about when I was joined the network team, and John and I were looking for a new password for our routers. Monkey for our farm name 2112 for the old password. munke for spelling security reasons. (Password crack programs go through the entire dictionary so miss spelled words are safer.) Thus munke2112 was born. We never used it for a password, but I liked it so it became my username for email on Yahoo to start, then Hotmail, then everything."

And That's it! The secret origions of Munke2112. And now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

No comments: