Help in the Vinyard (@ LDS.org)

The Vineyard Logo

Link to Truth

Friday, December 15, 2006

Just thoughts

An online web-log is a fine way to just put your thoughts out... this isn't new to people who do blog, it's an online diary per se... I've been thinking and noticing a few things in my life of late and especially about the world I live in and the deceptions of evil in it. For instance the other day it really hit me that in order to find a woman that I'm compatible with she would need to be willing to HAVE more children and a family, AND REAL "TRUE" girls like that aren't at all like the ones shown on TV and in most magazines. The world is so busy attempting to make a profit and get a raise and get business to the "company", whatever that company might be, that the lines of truth and realismn are blurred so bad that most everything we see in this life is a lie. What a horrible way for our kids to grow up! For instance the women who are on TV and are the "moms" of the "family" probably don't have any kids of their own, and if they did they'd look nothing like the person we now see on TV. That said I won't even start on the magazines!.. but will give a VERY strong portrayal of "women" per ads in magazines or on billboards... as follows: (PS I love this whole point given) http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat4.asp ... you know that says it all really, and I'm happy that I'm finally starting to see the lie that I grew up with for what it is...... So the question is how do we get away from it and teach our kids swhat is correct?

No comments: