Help in the Vinyard (@ LDS.org)

The Vineyard Logo

Link to Truth

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I've Heard It All Before

by Cherie Call
June 30, 2008



I went visiting teaching this week, and I was really inspired by the June message. How amazing it is to know that we lived before we came here! And how even more amazing it is to know a little about what happened in the premortal life. We all know that we chose to be here, because, well, we're here. But here's how it happened.

Now, Satan probably phrased it better than this, otherwise he wouldn't have had so many followers. But here's the jist of his argument:

"These people are not strong enough, and they're mostly too stupid to be able to handle earth life if they have challenges. It's too risky! Let me just make it easy, take away the choices, and take all the credit."

On the other hand, God REALLY believed in us and knew we could do this. And we ALL believed enough in Jesus that we knew he'd help us on the times when we might actually be weak and stupid. Not so risky when you think about it that way.

So here we are. Sometimes I get little thoughts in my head that say, "You might not be able to handle this. You're not good enough." It really helps me to remember who the author of that idea is. Come on Satan, haven't you come up with anything new?

I try hard to listen more carefully for a different voice. "I believe in you. You're smart, you're strong, and you're MINE. You can't fail with that combination."

I get a warm feeling inside and I smile when I realize, I've heard all of that before, and here I am.

© 2007 Deseret Book Company

No comments: