Help in the Vinyard (@ LDS.org)

The Vineyard Logo

Link to Truth

Friday, February 27, 2009

a RE-POSTING for my readers, especially the LDS ones

Yeah just read it cause it'll make you smile.. oh but first I need to testify to you that President Monson, the new leader of our church, has been raised to fill the mantle placed upon him. I watched his first ever talk during the Priesthood General Conference right after he had been set apart and sustained by all the members and I saw and felt the moment that (for me at least) the mantle was his to wear now .. I don't know if any of the other brethren saw and felt the same, but I hope we all have felt it since.

BUT!!!

the re-post must go on so set your minds with these words.... Gordan Hinckley ... then think of him for a moment and just feel your emotions when his name is mentioned as you remember every ones' step-grandfather Prophet... then read the poem about him in all it's creative, loving beauty....

"Prophetic Passing

I imagine he's running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service
That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, "Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome
My noble, most excellent son."

I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception's just fine,
But he hopes that he'll get an assignment or two
Since there's no need to waste any time.

I can hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward - there's work to be done.
President Hinckley would want it that way. "

Anna M. Molgard
January 27, 2008


...that will do...

No comments: