Help in the Vinyard (@ LDS.org)

The Vineyard Logo

Link to Truth

Saturday, August 15, 2009

"A woman's place is in the kitchen"

ok before you start sending me hatemail and baching on my page the reason for the title is I feel the actual reason for the saying. I was in my kitchen today doing dishes and looking to bake some muffins for the family (who had gone on a walk while I was suppose to eat Breakfast) ... well I thought to myself "wouldn't it be a nice surprise for the dishes and the muffins to be ready and waiting when my family walks back into the home" .. thinking of the thoughts of my childhood of coming into the house with pleasantry of baking or cooking filling my nostrils... so anyway I get my breakfast started, oatmill, and get the muffins started as well ... while baking the miffins a thought comes to mind that I need to be following the directions, so where are they and I'll follow them... well I didn't find them so I went ahead without and got it all finished and was waiting for the oven to heat up. It dawns on me that I must have thrown the package away (as I'm a cleaning freak at times) so I dig in my trash and sure enough there it is. ... reading to my horror I have put in a cup of milk when the directions only call of 1/4 cup, and my family come walking in the door right as I am sitting down to eat my overly dry oatmill that I aparrently didn't do correct either.

Long story longer, I confessed my fault of the over milking the miffins, and screwing up (somehow?) the oatmill. The wife, like an old pro at things of this nature, starts to inform me, as I tell her my process, where and when I made the mistakes and it again dawns on me the title of this blog. It's not that a woman's ONLY place is the kitchen, because it certainly isn't, but the saying should be: a Man's place is definatly not in the kitchen, without the supervision and direction of the wife.

So the muffins didn't overflow as feared, but the are just overly weighted down unlie miffins, the baby ate most of the oatmill anyway, and next time I'll read the directions BEFORE I throw out the package, and cereal is a pretty good breakfast anyhow. (cereal in bowl, pour on milk, enjoy... I CAN do that ;)

No comments: