Help in the Vinyard (@ LDS.org)

The Vineyard Logo

Link to Truth

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I am no doctor

But I do seem to have this experience called life that just keeps on going... If you'd like to know about that insanity I call life then I guess look through my blog and get a little more in-depth look at it :-S...

but I enjoy to ponder and to think and to write my thoughts so here goes. My subject is "love"... A subject that we all have our opinions on based primarily on what we learned in our youth, because it is from youth that we learn what we do. Thankfully all that we learn IN youth as we 'grow up' can be ratified as correct, or an attempt can be made to dismiss it, but that later is hard cause after all if we're not us, then who are we? ... ok sorry for the tangent I do that a lot. (ask my former therapist ;) ... so what is love?

According to a few web searches, we all knowing that the web is the greatest source for all true and reliable information next to the TV .... ... . ... . (letting that sink in) .. . ... .. (and I hope you FEEL the extreme sarcasm of that statement)... ..... . . .(unfortunately I feel you probably, from also living in this thing called life, know all about it) Anyway something I picked up off the net (and some mof my appendages to what I found). -------->
"Some elements that are often present in interpersonal love:

Affection: appreciation of other - I appreciate you VERY much and your goodness.
Attachment: satisfying basic emotional needs - companionship, friendship.
Reciprocation: if love is mutual
Commitment: a desire to maintain love
Emotional intimacy: sharing emotions and feelings
Kinship: family bonds
Passion: sexual desire
Physical intimacy: sharing of personal space
Self-interest: desiring rewards
Service: desire to help "

not to shabby huh? That's why I saved it it seemed to be pretty good. ... um I don't remember where I got it from so it the owner of the above finds it on my blog sorry for not giving you props for it. :P

Usually when I have searched out the word love on the Net I get a warning, or even a block, by my Internet filter, because of what "The World" wants us to think "love" is.. and that is strickly sex.. I don't actually think that "The world" in general thinks like that, but there are a few persons that do. Unfortunate it seems like the majority of the world, especially men (sorry men it's true), that think/feel that "love is someone playing with my dong because I enjoy that" ... .. well that's not love guys, sorry to burst that bubble. Love isn't someone playing with your dong. (that's you being selfish) there is, as the list indicates (and I agree), physical intimacy but that's not just someone playing with your dong.

True physical intimacy consist of respect and physically giving to a MARRIED partner. That is, open communication (the rest of that above list) and an effort to please/give the other person in respectful ways. In turn then if it IS respectful and real to each other then the partner would of course desire to give the same affection, commitment, friendship, sharing of feelings, service, and the rest to the other.. and the relationship becomes one eternal round of service. .. .and THAT is why I say above "MARRIED partner" because only in the bonds of a marital (full in everything not just in the bed) can a relationship as intimate as sex be rewarding and not degrading.

If you disagree then I welcome you to your opinion, but if you do and you are living your life in a one partner to another partner relationship I only ask that you ask yourself "Am I truly happy?" .... and if you're true to yourself then you'll find something about yourself.

Best of luck friends out there (all 2 who read my blog and one that happens to be my mother) (thanks mom :P) ... and if anyone else happens to stumble across my insanity of deep thoughts welcome, and try the popcorn!

No comments: