Help in the Vinyard (@ LDS.org)

The Vineyard Logo

Link to Truth

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Roller Coaster

Reading my new favorite book of the moment (scroll down it's talked about in a few posts) I came accross something the author's wife shared with him and it hit me hard... It was a good hard though like having your kids run up and hug you as you come through the door after a difficult day.. .. oh right the quote! "I remember as a young schoolteacher (with a large and active class) asking my wife, Debi, "When does life even out? Why dows it always feel like a roller coaster with so many highs and lows all in the same day? I wish life could just even out." ...(ok here comes the quote)... Being a nurse, Debi replied, "Brad, when you get hooked up to the heart monitor, you don't want to see a straight line. That's bad news. It's the up and down lines that let you know you are alive." ("The Continuous Atonement" by Brad Wilcox)

I read that again, after I typed it, and it still gave me a lump in my throat. I don't know if that was because his wife's name Debi (same as my Mom) and I was having a childhood moment of memory, or it really is just about the most obvious, funny, and perfect quotes dealing with a truth in life I've ever heard?

Yes feel free to agree or tell me I'm unique in my judgment call on this one, either way it won't change what I've posted or my feelings for the quote.

No comments: